Register now for Fall Events!
Throughout the school year, the Center for Teaching organizes workshops and events on a variety of teaching topics and issues for Vanderbilt faculty, graduate and professional students, post-doctoral fellows, staff, and others. Registration is now open for these upcoming events offered by the CFT:
Conversations on Teaching
These events focus on emergent teaching and learning issues in an informal, discussion-based format.
- Going Public with Teaching Evaluations
Tuesday, September 25 4:10-5:30pm
- Feminist Pedagogies
Tuesday, October 2 4:10-5:30pm
- Teaching with Blogs – It’s Not About Sharing What You Had for Breakfast
Tuesday, October 16 4:10-5:30pm
Designed to help you get ready to return to the classroom, these interactive teaching workshops will cover a variety of relevant topics to help faculty, staff, and graduate student teaching assistants achieve their goal of facilitating student learning.
- Effective Discussion Leading for new & returning faculty only
Friday, August 17 11:00am-1:00pm
- Hands-on PowerPoint Clinic for new & returning faculty only
Monday, August 20 11:00am-1:00pm.
- Effective and Efficient Grading for new & returning faculty only
Tuesday, August 21 11:00am-1:00pm
- Strategies for Grading
Thursday, September 13 4:10-5:30pm
- Making the Most of Office Hours
Thursday, September 20 4:10-5:30pm
- Using Clickers: A hands-on workshop
Monday, October 22 4:10-5:30pm
- How to Wiki
Tuesday, November 6 4:10-5:30pm
Detailed descriptions of these events can be found online at the Center for Teaching’s event page.
Tags: CFT Event