Center for Teaching

Center for Teaching

Home » Commentary » The Mindful PhD: Sitting Down & Staying Still

Blog

The Mindful PhD: Sitting Down & Staying Still

The Mindful PhDby Nancy Chick, CFT Assistant Director

The progressive breakdown of my computer and resulting residencies of IT guys have conspired to force me to read some of the books I have stacked on my desk.  Today, I read the copy of Teaching with Heart: Poetry that Speaks to the Courage to Teach (Intrator & Scribner, eds., 2014) we ordered for our library at the Center for Teaching.  The book is a collection of poems selected and prefaced by educators who were called to submit poems that were meaningful to their work lives.  A few stood out to me, but for today, I want to share a passage by Chuang Tzu… More….

Reposted from The Mindfulness PhD blog.
Get the weekly blog by liking The Mindful PhD on Facebook,
or following it on Twitter.

Tags: ,

blog comments powered by Disqus

Browse by Topic

Browse by Tag

25th Anniversary About the CFT Ask Professor Pedagogy Assessment Career CFT Event CFT Programs CFT Services CFT staff CIRTL Clickers Course Design Coursera Digital Humanities Discussion Leading Educational Technology First-Year Students From a Student's View Future Faculty Grading GradSTEP Graduate Education Guest Post Humanities Junior Faculty Lecturing Mindfulness MOOCs Service-Learning Social Media Social Pedagogies Social Sciences SoTL STEM Student Expectations Student Motivation Student Projects Students as Producers Sustainability Teaching Certificate Teaching Guide Teaching Visit Teaching Writing Time-Efficient Teaching Visual Thinking

Browse by Month