The Year in Review 2013-14

Posted by on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 in News.

by Derek Bruff, CFT Director

Before we get too much closer to the start of the school year and all the orientations, workshops, and seminars the CFT has lined up for August, I wanted to take a moment and look back at the academic year we’ve just completed. My staff and I have prepared a six-page “year in review” that gives a sense of the scope of CFT activities over the past twelve months.  I hope you’ll take a few minutes and read through it. You’ll learn about…

Here are a couple of interesting facts we discovered while crunching participation data for the report:

• During the 2013-14 academic year, the CFT reached 457 full-time faculty across campus in 2013-14 through its events, programs, and consultations—up from 261 the previous year. Leaving aside faculty from Medicine, the CFT interacted with 23% of all full-time faculty on campus this year.
  • The CFT also reached 475 PhD students in 2013-14—up from 381 the previous year. That’s about 22% of all PhD students on campus.

I’m incredibly proud of the work of my CFT colleagues and of the impact the CFT has on students and faculty at Vanderbilt. Here’s to another great year in 2014-15!

Tags: