Full-Time Staff Positions
The CFT is currently accepting applications for a Digital Media Specialist.
The Digital Media Specialist provides guidance and instruction to all university instructors, regardless of technology experience, who want to improve their technology skills and incorporate digital media into their teaching. The Digital Media Specialist maintains the Center for Teaching’s audio/visual production equipment and facilities and creates end-user training and documentation pertaining to relevant digital media technologies and applications, including video and audio production, graphic design, and website development.
The Digital Media Specialist reports to the CFT’s Educational Technologist and works collaboratively with senior and support staff at the CFT, as well as others involved in supporting teaching at the university.
Duties and Responsibilities
Training and supporting Vanderbilt instructors as they learn to use digital media tools and technologies
- Providing hands-on training to instructors in both individual consultations and group settings
- Assisting instructors as they learn digital media production tools in the CFT studio spaces and on site in classrooms and offices
- Creating multimedia online resources, including documentation and walk-throughs, for instructors learning digital media tools
- Assisting CFT senior staff in the design and implementation of professional development events for faculty and other instructors
Maintaining the Center for Teaching’s audio/visual production equipment and facilities
- Preparing, testing, and troubleshooting both hardware and software
- Liaising with external vendors and internal support offices for technical service
- Staying informed about current and next-gen digital media technologies
Developing and managing Center for Teaching digital assets
- Maintaining and updating the CFT’s websites using content developed by the CFT staff
- Organizing and archiving digital files, including video, audio, and photos, generated by CFT activities
- Assisting in the creation of multimedia content in support of CFT programs and services
Profile of an Ideal Candidate
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education is necessary.
- At least one year of relevant experience is necessary.
- Prior experience in a higher education setting is preferred.
- Experience using audio and video production equipment, field and studio cameras, sound gear, lighting equipment, and editing software is necessary.
- Experience in designing and delivering training and web-based resources on the use of studio equipment and software applications is necessary.
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Cloud, with a focus on Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop is necessary.
- Ability to set up, configure, break down, and carry audio/visual equipment is necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, problem solve and troubleshoot, work independently, and collaborate with others is necessary.
- Ability to work patiently with digital media users with a range of technology skills and experiences is necessary.
- Interest in developing new skills and learning new technologies is necessary.
Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.