CFT Host the Celebration of Teaching on Friday, May 3rd
The Center for Teaching and the Graduate School will honor the achievements of the Vanderbilt teaching community at the annual Celebration of Teaching on May 3, 2013 from 10:00am to 4:00pm in The Commons. The event is open to Vanderbilt faculty, staff, and students. We hope that you will join us in celebrating the year in teaching and learning!
This year’s celebration of teaching will feature concurrent sessions on topics of interest to the teaching community at Vanderbilt as well as a poster session to showcase projects by participants in the CFT’s Teaching Certificate program and SoTL Scholars program. Over lunch, we’ll hear from a panel of deans reflecting on the teaching and learning landscape at Vanderbilt. View the complete schedule here.
Concurrent sessions include:
- Innovative and Effective Teaching by Junior Faculty: Cases from the Junior Faculty Teaching Fellows
- Double Majors: Research on Integrative Learning
- Real Science for Real Students: The Scientist in the Classroom Partnership Program
- Promoting Lifelong Learning in Medical Education
- Teaching about Social and Environmental Problems: Lessons from the Cumberland Project
- A SoTL Collaboration on Teaching the Habits of Critical Inquiry
- Open Education: New Students, New Communities, New Roles for Faculty
- Innovative Uses of Web 2.0 Technologies in Foreign Language Teaching
No RSVP is required for sessions – just join us!
Lunch and Deans Panel
This year’s Celebration of Teaching will include a lunch featuring a panel of deans reflecting on the teaching and learning landscape at Vanderbilt. Panelists will include Dean of the College of Arts & Science Carolyn Dever and Senior Associate Dean for Health Sciences Education Bonnie Miller. Deans Dever and Miller will share how they have seen teaching and its role at Vanderbilt change in recent years, and discuss trends they see that might affect college and university teaching over the next few years.
RSVPs are required for lunch. Space is limited to 60 attendees. To RSVP, please complete this form.