November Learning Community Meeting: Classroom Challenges
Join a dynamic discussion of the many issues that arise for international students and faculty in the U.S. classroom, and the teaching approaches that may help both to thrive. The learning community meetings involve informal discussions of pedagogical readings, teaching challenges, and practical strategies for improving our teaching and learning.
Topics include but are not limited to…
- Creating inclusive spaces for learning
- Understanding biases towards international students and faculty
- Engaging students of diverse national backgrounds
- Supporting students for whom English is a second language
- Student expectations in the U.S. as compared to other nations
- Managing faculty authority in the classroom
- Or, other topics decided by the group
The learning community is open to both faculty and graduate students and will meet several times throughout the academic year.
Date: Friday, November 9th
Time: 12-1:30pm (Lunch Provided)
Location: CFT Classroom
Please contact CFT Assistant Director Joe Bandy if you’re interested in attending.