Updates to CFT Programming
With the campus move to remote teaching, learning, and work, the Center for Teaching has made some changes to its previously planned programming.
- Junior Faculty Teaching Fellows – We are still taking applications for the next year’s cohort of fellows! Applications are due Thursday, April 30th. Details on the JFTF website.
- Teaching Consultations – We are still available for individual teaching consultations with faculty, students, and staff. We’ve just moved those consultations to Zoom. Feel free to schedule a consultation via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teaching Workshops – We currently don’t have any scheduled workshops open to the campus, but we may offer virtual workshops in the coming weeks as we help instructors prepare for summer and fall teaching. Also, department and school leaders are welcome to reach out to their CFT liaisons, who can facilitate invited workshops on a variety of teaching topics.
- Course Design Institute – We are tentatively moving our planned “Teaching Inclusively” course design institute for faculty to August. The graduate student course design institute is cancelled for this year.
- Certificate in College Teaching – We are moving our certificate programming online this summer. We will offer the seminar in college teaching May 11-22, the practicum in college teaching May 25 to June 5, the online teaching specialization June 8-12, and the STEM teaching specialization June 15-19. See the teaching certificate program website for details.
- Learning Communities – Some of our learning communities are continuing this spring, online. Look for email from your facilitator for details. We are likely to start new learning communities exploring aspects of online and remote teaching this summer.
- One Button Studio – Our video studio is unfortunately closed during the period of remote working for faculty and staff.
If you have any questions about CFT programming, feel free to reach out via email@example.com.
Leave a Response