Teaching Forum Vol 1:1 Fall 1998 Newsletter
- Reinvigorating the Classroom. Three professors talk about how they reinvigorate themselves and their classes at the start of a new semester.
- Old Fogeyism and Genius. Former Center Director Allison Pingree writes of the importance of finding a fresh approach to familiar tasks.
- Services of the CFT: Small Group Analyses. Assistant Director Darlene Panvini describes the Student Small Group Analysis, a service offered by the Center that provides an instructor with important feedback concerning how a class is going.
- Notes from the CFT Library. CFT Master Teaching Fellow Dave Jensen reviews three resources available in the Center’s library: Teaching and the Case Method, The Art of Discussion Leading: A Class with Chris Christensen (video), and Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers.
- From the Students’ View: Advice to TAs. Undergraduate students offer advice to Teaching Assistants. From a panel at TA orientation, August 18, 1998.
- The Teaching Exchange: Tips from CFT Fellows. Teaching tips from the Center’s Master Teaching Fellows.