Teaching Forum Vol 1:2 Spring 1999 Newsletter
- Extending and maintaining borders in university teaching. Four professors discuss how they deal with borders in their teaching, from the borders between themselves and their students to the borders between academia and “the real world.”
- Professors After Hours: bringing together teaching and research, teacher and students. Michael Rose of Blair School of Music explores ways to bring together teaching and research.
- Crossing Borders by Working as an MTF. Newsletter editor and MTF Alison Piepmeier reflects on the issues raised in this newsletter.
- From the CFT Library: Books on Expanding the Borders of the Classroom. MTF Dave Jensen reviews several books from the CFT library.
- From the Students’ View: Learning Outside the Box. Three undergraduate students reflect on what they’ve learned outside the classroom during their university experience.
- The Teaching Exchange: Innovations by TAs . Three TAs describe techniques they’ve found to make their teaching more effective.