Our Collaborative Space
In the summer of 2008, the Center for Teaching relocated to a new location, 1114 19th Avenue South. Situated on the corner of 19th and Edgehill Avenues, this new space was designed and renovated to create a vibrant, inviting and flexible learning environment, open to the entire Vanderbilt teaching community.
Features of the space include:
- A large, open workshop area with mobile walls and furniture that can be configured in a variety of formats, from large plenary gatherings to small group clusters. This space could be an ideal location for a departmental curriculum planning retreat, course team meetings, or other departmental teaching-related workshops and events.
- Advanced technologies designed for university teaching and learning, such as classroom collaboration software, a tablet PC, digital cameras and audio recorders, projection systems, a SMARTboard, and classroom response systems (“clickers”). You and your colleagues are welcome to come and experiment with these technologies for use in your courses.
- An expanded library and reading room, including a coffee bar, comfortable seating, and wireless internet access. Stop by on your way in, or on your way home, for some refreshment and to meet colleagues from across the university.
Slideshow describing some of the features of our workshop space.
the latest innovations in higher education
- by teaching a class in a state-of-the-art classroom
- by browsing through our collection of books, journals, and videos in an expanded library
with instructional technologies and teaching methodologies such as
- flexible learning spaces
- a SMART Board
- a Tablet PC
- Classroom Response System (“Clickers”)
on your teaching and your students’ learning
- in a quiet, inviting space to work and prepare for class
- in consultation with a CFT staff member
- by visiting our library
through lively discussions with colleagues
- by meeting in our workshop space for curriculum planning meetings or departmental retreats
- during our Conversations on Teaching and Junior Faculty Teaching series
- in faculty working groups facilitated by teaching consultants