Over the years, the Center for Teaching has hosted a number of educational development events for the Vanderbilt campus. Below are a few notable past events. See the sidebar on the right for a full listing of archived CFT events.
- CFT’s 35th Anniversary. A panel of CFT alumni discussing the present and future of teaching and learning in higher education, 2021.
- Celebration of Learning. An exhibit of “students as producers” held in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- Learning at Play. A one-day symposium exploring games for learning and social change in 2019.
- The Open Classroom. A series of teaching visits featuring some of Vanderbilt’s best teachers held from 2016 to 2019.
- Teaching. Writing. Learning. A series of conversations on teaching writing held from 2013 to 2015.
- GradSTEP. A professional development event for graduate students held for many years. See this page for resources from the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 events.
- CFT’s 25th Anniversary. A symposium celebration the CFT as well as teaching and learning at Vanderbilt, 2011.