Individual consultations are among the most beneficial services the Center for Teaching offers. Each hour-long consultation is focused on your needs, allowing targeted approaches to address your context and your goals.
Consultations can center on any teaching-related question that you have, but they often revolve around several core needs:
- Instructional design
- Syllabus & course design
- Educational technology, including Brightspace and other Instructional Technology tools
- Mid-semester student feedback (gathered via small group analysis, or SGA)
- Teaching observations
- Student evaluations of teaching (SET) consultations
- Teaching documentation, such as teaching philosophy statements
- Scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL)
To set up a consult, contact the CFT at 615-322-7290 or email@example.com. You may wish to consider our staff page to determine if your needs would best be met through consultation with one person in particular, but if you’re not sure, we’ll guide you to the right person.
The CFT is dedicated to providing teachers with consultation opportunities that are formative, not summative, and therefore the CFT plays no role in any hiring, reappointment, tenure, or any other evaluative process.